Guest Designer at Die Cuttin' Divas

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

I'm so delighted to be a guest designer for this week's Die Cuttin' Divas challenge! The challenge this week is to create a project inspired by a Christmas song. When I saw the caroling reindeer (#71358) singing the line "Fa la la la la" from Deck the Halls, I knew it was the image for me!


After cutting my card base, I cut a red mat and a slightly smaller white mat to go on top. I embossed the white mat with a Cuttlebug snowflakes folder. I switched the "Fa la la la la" from the original as I wanted an extra "la" and a different font. I also decided to emboss the green wall behind which the reindeer are singing with a Tiny Bubbles folder. I popped the diecut on the front of my card.


I then carried the "Deck the Halls" theme into my card by stamping "'Tis the season to be jolly" from My Craft Spot's 'Tis the Season stamp set. 

Please head over to Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the designers have created. You can link up your own creation too!

Thanks, Die Cuttin' Divas, for letting me be your guest designer this week! It's such a treat to join you!


Don't forget about the 12 Deals of Christmas over at My Craft Spot! 

 
Each day until Christmas Eve (excluding Sundays), Kimberly will post a new 'deal of the day' for you to 'unwrap' - with something new each day!

http://mycraftspotshop.com/catalog.php?category=44


Larger Image

Click HERE to see all of the Jute Twine at My Craft Spot.

Check out the Deals still going on from Day #1 and Day#2 and Day#3 and Day #4 and Day #5 and Day #6 !






13 comments

Anonymous said...

My, this is beautiful. The embossed snowflakes make a lovely background, and those reindeer are singing their heart out!

Thanks for being an awesome guest designer at Die Cuttin' Divas!

Evelyn

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute!

Sherrie K. said...

Aaaaaw, this is darling Kate! Your little singers couldn't be cuter:) The embossing looks amazing to!
Congrats on your GD spot at Die Cuttin' Diva's!
Sherrie K

jessica said...

OMG how adorable is this card Kate!!! LOVE it!!!

Renee B. said...

This is adorable Kate...I'm going to be singing Deck the Halls all day now! Have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs, Renee

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh Kate, so cute!! I love the singing reindeer!! How fun is this!! I love, love it!! The embossing is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is just adorable!! Thanks for being our guest designer at Die Cuttin' Divas this week. You did a great job.

Leslie

Scrapper69 said...

Congrats on the Guest Designer Spot Kate! I Adore your card! I too saw this file and had to have it! HA LOVE the embossing for the background... :)

Joan Smith said...

OH M GEE Your card is TOO cute!!
OH MY GOSH You sure did one outstanding creative job and talk about sending out a card that will be the talk of the town....and girl your card will be saved and set out year after year as a great decoration and be the gift that keeps on giving....YOU so ROCK!!

Bobby said...

This just makes me smile, Kate. Great job on such a cute card.

Georgiana said...

Thanks for being our Guest Diva this week! Your reindeers are super festive!

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

This is simply adorable! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those singing Reindeer! Thank you for joining us this week as a Guest Designer for DCD!
Anita
DCD Co-Host and Sponsor Coordinator

Shelly said...

Oh what an adorable card!! Look at those singing little reindeer:) so cute!!
Thank you for joining us at DCD, you did such a great job!
Happy Holiday's!!
Shelly

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>