Blast From the Past - My Craft Spot Challenge

Monday, September 22, 2014

This week's challenge at My Craft Spot is "Blast From the Past". Usually, projects for our weekly My Craft Spot challenges need to be new - but we're breaking the rules this time! Re-post any previously made project that you've created using My Craft Spot products and link up your new post for a chance to win a gift certificate to the My Craft Spot Shop! So fun!

I decided to share a card I made in August 2013 for our Get Well/Sympathy challenge. I created the card based on a sketch that I had found on Pinterest. I always like the way my cards come out when I use a sketch. I really do need to remember to use them more often! 


When creating my card, for the most part, I simply cut papers in various sizes, embossing one of the panels and inking everything.  I used the My Craft Spot 4" Doily metal die to cut a dictionary page and layered it underneath a Wild Orchid Crafts rose, some My Craft Spot Vintage Vanilla crinkle ribbon tied in a double bow and my sentiment panel.  


The beautiful sentiment is from My Craft Spot's With Deepest Sympathy stamp set.  I used a Spellbinders die to cut it out - and it looked as though the die was made for the sentiment!  I was so excited with how they worked together so perfectly!

Thanks so much for visiting! Have a fabulous week!

6 comments

Pamellia said...

What a wonderful sympathy card Kate! It's beautiful but not over the top, a perfect combination for the occasion. Stunning soft colours and patterns and a lovely sentiment! hugs :)

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

this is so beautiful. hugs

jessica said...

This is such a beautiful card Kate! Love the soft colors!!
AWESOME bast from the past!!!

Bobby said...

Love the print on the doily, Kate, and the sentiment is beautiful. Well so is the card, but that goes without saying. ;)

Sherrie K. said...

Hello Kate,
What a fabulous card to showcase for the Blast to the past! I love the soft colors, gorgeous design and wonderful sentiment!!! Beautiful!
Hope your having a wonderful week!
Sherrie K

Scrapper69 said...

Hi Kate! I snuck into my soon to be "Old" craft room so I can say "HI" to my blogging friends! I'll be moving next week... So hopefully I'll be up and running very soon! :O) LOVE this card... It was Elegant before and still is! HA! LOVE it! :o)

Theresa

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>